Lay of the Land
- 2,066 deeded acres of Utah ranch land for sale
- Surrounded by the majestic Zion National Park and Canaan Mountain Wilderness
- Convenient access to the charming town of Springdale, the gateway and main entry to the Park.
- An ecologically rich working ranch, offering abundant natural, agricultural, recreational, historical and cultural resources.
- A 9,630 acre grazing on adjoining BLM land and 640 acres of State land.
All the water you will ever need
- With 1,856 acre feet of historic and valuable water rights, the ranch has ample water that is pumped through an elaborate underground system of pipes that irrigate over 300 acres on 22 fields that dot the desert landscape with lush irrigated grasses, organic fruit orchards and gardens.
- The East Fork and North Fork of the Virgin River, Shunes Creek and South Creek meander for over 6 miles through the ranch and the expansive 60 acre Loma Va Reservoir with its dock and boats provides a full range of recreational activities.
- The property exhibits unique architecture with four homes and ranch buildings reflecting the geology and history of the area. Designed by renowned architect, William McDonough, the homes rest near the orchard, fields and rivers, and utilize pressed adobe-like block, rocks and timbers made from local materials.
- In addition, there are a cabin, bunkhouse, office, and other ranch structures as well as a packing barn and market for the orchard.
Naturally Planned Beauty
- Red dirt roads were designed to follow the contours of the land and weave throughout the ranch with multiple bridges crossing the rivers and streams.
- To protect the views and maintain the character of the wilderness aesthetics, over 30 miles of power, phone and irrigation lines have been buried beneath the roads.
- Recently portions of the Zion National Park and the adjoining Canaan Mountain were designated as Wilderness and portions of the East Fork of the Virgin River and Shunes Creek within the Park have been designated as Wild and Scenic.
- The current owners, who have thoughtfully taken care of the ranch for years, wish to find new owners who intend to conserve the ranch in its natural splendor.
Ideal habitat for bountiful wildlife
- Located on the Colorado Plateau, and bordering the Great Basin and the Mojave Desert, the ranch’s unique geographic location and variety of life zones combine to create a diversity of habitat for an amazing array of plant and animal species.
- Mule deer and wild turkeys coexist and browse the canyons, fields and cottonwood and locust lined river corridors, while big horn sheep, peregrine falcons, condors and desert tortoise enjoy the solitude of the environs.
Step in the footsteps of those before you
There are numerous cultural sites within the property including pre-historic Anasazi ruins and the pioneer settlement of Shunesburg explored by John Wesley Powell in 1872 as part of western surveys conducted by the U.S. Geological Survey.
Price: Just reduced to $25,000,000